1th Fl., No. 2, Sabzineh Dd., Ashtiani Monfared St.,
Phone (home): +9822399441
Phone (work): +9882883654
1999- Aug. 2005
PhD, Tehran University , Department of Sociology
Thesis title : School Discourse in Iran and its Failures in Reproduction of the State Hegemony
1996- Sep. 1999
M.A, University of Alame Tabatabaie , Department of Sociology
Thesis title : An Analysis of Students’ Social Attitudes and Their Political Culture
BA, Shiraz University , Department of Biology
Lecturer at Tarbiat Modares University.
Lecturer and Head of the department of Cultural Studies at the University of Science and Culture, Tehran.
Lecturer at Tarbiat Modares University.
Director of Postgraduate Program , University of Science and Culture, Tehran
- Cultural and Political Aspects of Social Development in Iran: Toward a Strategic Planning , Tehran, Tehran Municipality, Deputy of Cultural and Social Research (2013).
- Satellite and Iranian Audiences: Toward a Theoretical Framework of Iran , Academic Center for Education and Cultural Research, Shiraz University Branch, (2012).
- Cultural Consumption Patterns and the Process of Identity Formation: The Case of University Students , Tehran: The Center for Cultural and Social Studies, Ministry of Sciences, Researches and Technologies (2011).
- Cultural challenges in Iranian Society , Majma Maslehat, 2007-2008, Tehran
- T.V and Social Justice; How It Represents Gender and Ethnicity? , IRIB, 2005, Tehran
- Law disobedience in Iran: A Quantitative Inquiry, Institute for Culture, Art and Communication, Tehran, 2004.
- Iranian Attitude Towards Drug use, DCHQ, Center for Research and Study, 2002-2004, Tehran
- Cultural Strategies of the Fourth National Development Pattern , The Supreme Council of Cultural Revolution, 2003, Tehran
- Comprehensive Agenda for Preventing Drug Abuse , DCHQ, Center for Research and Study, 2002, Tehran
Teaching (2005- present)
· Contemporary Social Theory , Media Studies, Qualitative Research Method, Cultural Theories, at Tarbiat Modares University, University of Science and Culture, Center for Study on Religion (Qom).
Some Other Related Experiences
Part-time Researcher and/or Member of Scientific Council
May 2006- Nov. 2014
· Institute for Cultural and Social Studies
Position Title: Member of Scientific Council
· Center for Strategic Researches, Majma-e Tashkhis Maslat-e Nezam.
Position Title: Member of Scientific Council
· Journal of Cultural Research
Position Title: Member of Editorial Board
· Journal of Culture, Society and Media, Iranian Association OF Cultural Studies and Communication
2007-2010 and 2010-2013
· Iranian Association of Cultural Studies and Communication,
Position Title: Member of Managerial Board
· Ministry of Education
Position Title: Teacher (High School)
· Leader and Coordinator of Student Tour to France, University of Tehran
‘Facebook life and New Forms of Collectividualism among Iranian Users’, at Interactive Narratives, New Media and Social Engagement International Conference at Victoria College, University of Toronto from October 24-25, 2014.
‘Project and/or Process of Sociology in post-revolutionary Iran: Ambiguities and Difficulties’, in 11th International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, 19-21 June, 2013, Budapest, Hungary.
‘Reading Farsi 1: The Case of Victoria Serial and Iranian Women’, (With Mona Kalantari) at The Asian Conference on Cultural Studies, March 23-25, 2011, Osaka, Japan.
‘English Learning and New Experiences: New Challenge for Formal Education in Iran’, (With Nastaran Irani) at the International Conference on Education and Educational Psychology, Istanbul–Turkey 19– 22 October 2011.
‘Struggle for Democracy: The Case of Iranian Recent Presidential Election’, Crossroads for Cultural Studies Conference, Hong Kong, 2010.
‘Sterile Social Sciences in Iran’ (With Sh. Parastesh) in 8th International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities , 2010 Humanities Conference, University of California, Los Angeles, USA, 29 June-2 July.
‘Gender Policy on Television: The Case of Iranian National TV’ (With A.V. Kazemi) International Conference Change and Stability.State, Religion and Politics in the Modern Middle East and North Africa, in Krakow, Poland, May 28-29 , 2009.
‘Representation of Ethnic Minorities in Iranian TV Series’ (With A.V. Kazemi), The 2008 Association for Cultural Studies Crossroads Conference which will be held at the University of the West Indies, Kingston on 3-7 July 2008.
‘Religion and Virtual Space in Iran’ (With A.V. Kazemi), Iranian Vireal Culture and Technological Acculturation Conditions of Knowledge and Cultural Production Conference, at Shanghai University on 15-17 June 2007.
‘Cultural Studies in Iran’ (With Mehdi Semati and A.V. Kazemi), Cultural Studies Now, an International Conference, 19-22 July 2007, University of East London.
‘Schooling and Resistance in Iran’, Everyday Life in Iran: On Power, Resistance, and Cultural Studies, 2006, Association for Cultural Studies, Crossroads Conference at Istanbul Bilgi University.
· Refereed Journal Articles
“Reading Farsi 1: The Case of Victoria and Iranian Women”, (Co-authored with Mona Kalantari) (submitted to the Journal of Gender Studies).
“Law disobedience in Iran: A Meta- Analysis”, Culture and Society in the Middle East, Vol. 1, No. 1 ( 2011) 36-69 ( Co-authored with T.Azad Armaki & H. Ebadollahi).
“Iranian TV Series and Women's Representation: The 'Long Death of One Dream' & 'Maternal Song'”, Quarterly Journal of Women’s Research, Vol.1, No.4 (2009) 75-94 (Co-authored with S. Afshar).
“Cultural Studies Methodology: A Critical Reflection”, in Iranian Social Studies Journal, Vol. 3, No. 4 (2009) 145-172.
“Non-disciplinary City: Reflections on Impediment of Citizenship in Iran”, in Journal of Iranian Social Studies, Vol.3, No.2 (2009) 23-37 (Co-authored with A.V.Kazemi).
“Gender Policy on TV: A Qualitative Research of Three T.V Series in Iran”, in Quarterly Journal of Women Research, Vol.6, No.3, (2008) 85-112 (Co-authored with A.V.Kazemi).
“Representation of Ethnic Minorities in Iranian Television Series”, in Quarterly Iranian Journal of Cultural Research, Vol.1, No.4, (2008) 91-118 (Co-authored with A.V.Kazemi) .
“Performance Evaluation of Scientific Practical Educational Organization”, Iranian High Educational Journal, Vol.1, No.1 (2008) 107-138 (Co-authored with N.Pasha Zanoos).
“Formation of Field of Drama Production in 1960’s Iran”, in Quarterly Journal of Cultural Studies and Communication, Vol. 2, No.7 (2008): 83-113 (Co-authored with V. Tolooei).
“Dialectic of Distinction and De-differentiation: Dominated Groups and Their Consumption of Shopping Centers in Tehran”, in Quarterly Journal of Cultural and Social Research, Vol. 1, No.1(2008) 1-24 (Co-authored with A.V.Kazemi).
“Subculture and New Concept in Analyzing Youth Culture: Theoretical Introduction”, Quarterly Journal of Youth Studies, Vo.2, No.3(2008) 5-30 (Co-authored with V. Tolooei).
“Necessity of Utilizing Structuralism in Sociology of Literature”, Iran’s Sociology Journal, Vol 8, No.3 (2007).
“Representation and Subjectivities: Critical Analyses of Tehranian Students’ Everyday Life in School”, in Quarterly Journal of Iranian Association for Cultural Studies and Communication, Vol. 2, No. 4 (2006) 123-150.
“Subject and Power; Analyses of Formation of Subjectivity in Cultural Studies”, Nameh Oloom E jtemaey , Vol. 1, No. 27 (2006) 125-156 (Co-authored with T. Azad Armaki).
“Challenges of Reproduction of State Power in School”, Journal of Iranian Sociological Association, Vol. 6, No. 4 (2005) 34-58 (Co-authored with M.J.Gh.Kashi).
“Analysis of Law Breaking Among Governmental Staff” , Journal of Iranian Sociological Association, Vol. 6, No. 3 (2005) 43-69.
Contradictions of Schooling in Iran: An Analysis of Students’ Everyday life (Tehran: Society and Culture Press, 2008).
· Translated Book (English to Persian)
Central Problems in Social Theory , Antony Giddens (Tehran: Soad Press, 2007).
Hegemony and Socialist Strategy , Ernesto Laclue and Chantel Muffe (Tehran: Sules, forthcoming).
Primary Research Interests: Critical Transcultural Studies, Critical (Social and Cultural) Theory, Q. Methods, Identity and Cultural Changes Studies in Iran.
· Iranian Sociological Association
· International Association for Cultural Studies (ACS)
· Iranian Association for Cultural Studies and Communication
· Iranian Association for Sociology of Education
Essays in Newspapers
- On Recognizing Difference and New Social Ethic, Shahrvand-e-Emrooz, 3 Sep. 2011, Tehran
- Localizing or Politicizing the Universities? , Shahrvand-e-Emrooz, 13 Aug. 2011, Tehran
- Is School a Democratic Institution?; Interview , Ayandeh-e Noo, 1 Oct. 2006, Tehran
- Investigation on Non-disciplinary Society; Interview , Sarmayeh, 11 May 2006, Tehran
- Difficulties in Criticizing of School ; Interview , Ayandeh-e Noo, 24 Sep. 2006, Tehran
- Challenges of Cultural Engineering , Sarmayeh, 8 Jul. 2006, Tehran
- The First Step in Study of Culture , Shargh, 12 Jun. 2006, Tehran
- Sociology of Culture and Cultural Studies , Shargh,19 Jun. 2006, Tehran
- Intellectual Roots of Cultural Studies; M. Arnold: The Prophet of Culture , Shargh, 10 Jul. 2006, Tehran
- Intellectual Roots of Cultural Studies , Shargh, 17 Jul. 2006, Tehran
- Intellectual Roots of Cultural Studies; New Left, Shargh, 31 Jul. 2006, Tehran
- Culture in Cultural Studies , Shargh, 3 Jul. 2006, Tehran
- Cultural Studies; Policy Making or Critic of Culture , Ayandeh-e Noo, 17 Sep. 2006, Tehran
- Cultural Studies as a Mean to Approach to Ordinary People; Interview , Sarmayeh, 28 May 2006, Tehran
- Cultural Studies and Sociology , Shargh, 19 Jun 2006, Tehran
- A Glance on Cultural Studies , Shargh, 7 Aug. 2006, Tehran
- Persian native, Fluent in English, Intermediate knowledge in Arabic.